The 17th Annual Sweetwater Summer Theatre Institute presents SHREK THE MUSICAL Production Dates: July 24-27, 2019
Directed by Jose C. Lopez
Technical Director: Charles Batchman
Music Director: Eric Mabrey
Vocal Music Director: Michael Sakell
Presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials also supplied by MTI.
Singers, Dancers, Actors, Stage Techs, and Set Construction Crews Needed! Audition – Notice is posted here.
- Monday, May 20 from 4:30-7pm at Chula Vista High School – Dance & Choir rooms 1903 & 1904
- Tuesday, May 21 from 4:30-7pm at San Ysidro High School – Performing Arts Center “Black Box”
- Thursday, May 23 from 4:30-7pm at Otay Ranch High School – Band & Mariachi room 924
- Sign up for an audition date and time here.
- Fill out the audition form here. You can fill this out online and print OR print a blank form and fill out by hand. Form must be brought with you to the audition.
- Deadline for sign ups is noon the day of the audition. No walk-on auditions will be allowed. All auditions must be scheduled via the online portal above.
Prepare 16 measures of a song of your choice and bring the music track (without vocals) on an ipod/music player. Wear comfortable clothing that you are able to dance in and arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled time to check-in.
Call backs are May 28th & 29th at 4:30pm, San Ysidro High School.
Tech Crew Application
- Fill out the application form here. You can fill this out online and print OR print a blank form and fill out by hand.
- Prepare a brief resume with your tech experience highlighted.
- Form and resume must be brought with you to an audition day. No online sign up needed for tech crew, walk-ins are welcome.