The department chairs are elected volunteers from each discipline. Responsibilities include:
- Lead the committee meetings
- Primary manager and organizer of committee events
- Ensure the agenda and minutes are copied to the VAPA office.
The Committees are made up of:
- All Teachers of that discipline throughout the district
- One District/Staff Representative (VAPA personnel)
Agenda & Minutes
- Taking the Agenda/Minutes and having them typed/prepared is the responsibility of the committee chair. This is not a function of the VAPA staff representative.
- Agendas are to be submitted to the VAPA office for approval and distribution one week prior to the meeting.
- Minutes are to be submitted to the VAPA office for approval and distribution within one week after each meeting.
Attending the committee meeting is mandatory for teachers. A stipend is available to teacher because of this mandate.