VAPA Director Jeff Kover, District Representative
- Abigail Serafin & Jessica Austin, Art Committee Co-Chairs
- Beatriz Gonzalez, VAPA Staff Representative
VAPA Supports the following:
- Ten (10) substitute teachers for show hanging
- Four (4) substitute teachers for take down
- Maintenance costs for panel delivery/pick-up
- Ribbon Awards
- Main award slideshow, projector, and screen
- Flyers and programs
- Supplies for hanging
- Supplies for reception
Timken Museum of Art Tour
FREE visits and transportation to the Timken Museum of Art in Balboa Park!
During the school year, the Timken Museum or Art is offering FREE transportation, FREE admission, and FREE docent-guided museum visits to all SUHSD students.
Visual Art teachers from SUHSD can schedule school visits to the Timken Museum immediately! To make arrangements, please email email@example.com or call 619-239 5548 x102 and mention the Sweetwater Arts Education Partnership. Visits are designed to introduce k-12 and college students to the museum.
After scheduling a visit with the Timken, please fill out a Transportation Requisition form at your site, obtain the proper signature, and submit it to Jenni Jouan. You may fax your bus request to Jenni (619) 796-7714 or mail it through district mail to our VAPA office. Thank you.
Links to Explore
- The San Diego Museum of Art in Balboa Park
- The Getty Center in Los Angeles
- The Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA)
- National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC
- Smithsonian American Art Museum in Washington, DC
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, New York
Of all of our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language.” – Walt Disney