Concert Band, Jazz Band, Orchestra, Solo/Ensemble/Method, Steel Drum Music Listing, Vocal Music, Vocal Jazz Listing, Mariachi Music, and Drama Texts/Books
- Catalog Desk copies are available for use in the Music Library
- Teachers are welcome to visit the music library to review music before checking it out
- Call ahead if you plan to visit the music library. If we know you are coming, we can plan appropriately for your visit. Please call the direct number to make an appointment: (619) 796-7713
Music Check Out
- Requests for pieces must be submitted on an Instrumental/Vocal Music Request form (one request per form) Request will not be accepted over the phone or via voice mail.
- Completed request forms may be delivered in person or sent through district mail, please direct request to the Music Library.
- Please fill in all information requested on the form – school, teacher, subject, Catalog number, and title. Vocal Teachers: Please include the number of copies you wish to receive. Incomplete forms will be returned to the site.
- No limits have been established as to the number of pieces that may be checked out at any time.
- If you have questions about a piece or need more request forms, you may call or email Jenniffer Jouan at (619) 796-7713, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Music orders will be sent to you via district mail.
- Please allow two weeks to receive your piece(s). It may take more time if you have ordered a large quantity of music.
- Over the counter service is limited to two pieces of music without an appointment. Anything beyond this will be mailed to your site.
- All music checked out to you is numbered and will be accompanied by an Instrument Check-Out Form or a Vocal Music Inventory Form. Please check your order when you receive it. If you find discrepancies between the forms and what your received, call the VAPA Music Library immediately. You will be held responsible for problems not reported within one week from the date issued (found above signature)
- The VAPA Department stores over 11,000 titles. It is our sincere hope that most of your needs can be met by what we have in inventory. However, new music can be purchased at your request if:
- You would like a piece that we do not have
- We do not have a full set of parts on file and you wish to reorder
- The piece you have selected is currently out
- Funds are available
- Requests to order new music must be submitted on a Music Listing Sheet. Please include your site and name a the top of the form. List all selections in priority order
- Band/Orchestra Teachers: Please turn in order for scores early. We will not pay for rush orders
- At this time, teachers are limited on new music orders. Please check with the music library for limitations.
- It is the teacher’s responsibility to return all music by the appropriate due date (January for Holiday music and May for all other music)
- All music must be returned in numerical order. Music not returned in order will be returned, or held for you to sort. Please return the inventory sheet with the order.
- Music may be returned in person or via district mail
- You/your site will be charged for missing parts (replacement value)
- Bills will be issued to you and your site (Principal and/or ASB) following the deadline for music not returned
- Late music/unpaid bills will result in the following:
- No further music will be sent to you
- No further instrument repairs will be approved
- No further district transportation will be provided
- Please clear up all bills before leaving for vacations or separating from your site
- Music cannot be renewed. You may submit a music request form to receive a piece again. It will be mailed to you near the start of school.
Resources on Copyright Information